Timothy F asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

How much will my baseball card collection be worth in the future??

Well, some cards in my collection include, a Roger Clemens '84 Fleer Update, Cal Ripken '82 Donruss, Fleer, and Topps cards, a Pujols 2001 Bowmans Best, plus a bunch more star rookie cards like Bonds, McGuire, and Griffey. I have Koufax, Maris, and Mays' 1961 Topps cards. And for my favorite and most expensive cards... Ive got an Upper Deck Timeless Teams Yankees card with swatches of Maris and Mantle's Jerseys on it and Ive got a Roger Clemens 2005 Donruss Leather and Lumber card, which is a signiture series and is signed by Clemens... and get this, 1/1 is printed on the back. Which means there was only one made. This card is worth up to a grand as of right now, and Clemens is still getting wins.

My question is that if you know alot about baseball card collecting, please entertain me. I was wondering what the prices will look like in 20/ 30 years, when most these guys will be in the hall of fame? Expecially the Roger Clemens Signiture card?

Send me your input....thanks all

• Adam

Check a Beckett for exact numbers. I am jealous of your collection!

To start off the 1961 Topps Card are great, just the condition of the cards is the question with the cards near mint the Maris Cards could be worth around 300, Mays around 100, with the Koufax around 30 since.

The Pujols Rookie is going to be getting higher in value as long as he keeps up his pace. McGwire cards were just in a downfall after his record breaking season and only see them going up a little if he makes the hall. And the same goes for Griffey and Bonds Cards. The value of cards are really priced on the value the cards sell at. There are so many rookie cards floating around of Griffey, Bonds, and McGwire the value of the card will go down. The Clemens and Ripken are only going to get better, so thats good. Remember though the condition of the cards have to near mint to perfect for cards to be valued now, anything less really it is just a item for you to have.

The Swatch Card of Maris and Mantle is awesome I am jealous as hell, that cards and that cards is worth more then the 61 cards put together and for the Clemens well I bet ya some people can even put a price on that since it is a 1/1. I am a big collecter and have some 1/1 cards and one was of Chipper Jones and sold it for 350 bucks, Awesome stuff though man.

Your Maris, and Mantle, and Mays cards will probably continue to rise modestly, but baseball cards are very much a thing of the past. Most companies now offer e-cards which you buy directly from lets say Topps, you then really watch the player progress (or digress) and you will see the value fluctuate. Sell high, buy low. It has become a stock market for card collectors.

alot of old school collectors [not me] question the collectability of new cards and wont touch anything after 1969,they say that there are too many cards being produced.A lot of value is placed in demand,the clemens card is very nice to have,the ripken card will always be in demand,the 1961 cards are nice because you would have the baby boomers market to move them,it is essential that kids and adults continue to have interests in card collecting and baseball to help future values or doom will prevail 600 billion cards and no collectors ,just worthless cardboard, PS I collect cards and love it!!

my dad has some 1960 cards that are worth a couple hundred a piece like $2000 for 10 of them so i dont know just keep on collecting you have some good cards that will be worth a lot

You know what sucks about baseball cards is, you can only get what someone is gonna pay you. Getting cards rated is a good way to get more value out of them. I dont care what beckett tells ya, you only get what someones willing topay..

It will be worth more than it is worth today. Apart from that, it's hard to say precisely what things will be worth that far down the road. . . .

If you get them all signed it could be worth thousands, especially if they happened to die. I don't know much about the value, so im not too indepth about it.

in like ten or twenty yrs., they will be worth around $1000-$5000 because they are pretty rare