Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

best clothing for family photo shoots?

My family will be taking a photo shoot in one of those studios. What kind of casual attire is most appropriate to bring the best out of the photos?

For women, you should wear a really nice skirt and a shirt. You don't need to look like you're going to a wedding. Just don't wear jeans and a screen print shirt. Men should wear slacks (again, no jeans!) and a really nice shirt. The key to attire is to bring out the best in your family. Ask your photographer what he thinks.

• ?

I would stick with something really simple, no extravagant pattern, solid color shirts, or polo's would look nice. Even if your shirt is white, it won't necessarily show up as white in a B&W photo, it could show up as a gray, so it doesn't really have the same effect as making you look overweight like it does in normal photos! Good luck!

for the past two family photos i took (one with just siblings, one with extended family) every one wore a white shirt with blue jeans. the younger kids wore overalls. if your not into that i would wear a nice light colored pair of jeans and a solid colored shirt. maybe a nice v neck or a polo.

My family just took family pictures, and they turned out amazing. We all had black polo shirts and light blue jeans, and we were all barefoot. Also long sleeve black shirts look really nice, but they are hard to find in the summer months, so that's why we opted to polo's.

My son-in-law is a professional photographer. He has always felt that if you are going casual, it should be either jeans and white shirts or blouses: or khaki pants with red, green, blue or yellow shirts or blouses. (Primary colors). His work is impeccable and I'm not just saying that because we're related.

Dress nice. Don't overdue you're make-up and don't wear anything your grandma wouldn't approve of. Also don't wear anything too bright or colorful unless you really want to stand out. I would go with a nice loose sweater and some plain black dress pants.

Bright colors such as red, blue, yellow... I like to dress my boys up in polo shirts and khakis and my daughter in a sundress. It typically looks really cute... not too formal, and yet not too casual either. :)

Khaki slacks or black slacks and a blue button down shirt. Everyone looks wonderful in a pale blue shirt.

Otherwise, everyone in red, or everyone in beige..

Uniformity of color, and the absense of pattern is the key.

all white against a dark background looks awesome. polos and khakis or jeans for men/boys. nice blouses or sundresses for women/girls.

my family recently got pictures taken at the beach and we all wore white shirts. everyone was very tan and it turned out very nice.