Does the subnet mask need to be the same between the Internet, Router and Computers on the router?

I'm troubleshooting a connectivity issue - the subnet mask assigned by my Internet service to my wireless router is different than the subnet mask assigned to my computers by the router. Does this have to be the same to be able to connect to the Internet? Currently, I have no connectivity from the computers, but can ping sites from the router...

The subnet mask needs to be the same within a network... so if your computer has an IP address of 192.168.1.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 then all other computers on that network (IP addresses between 192,168.1.0 and 192.168.1.255 have to have the same subnet.

BUT it can be different from the subnet on your network to your ISP.

The only point you need them the same inside and outside your network is if you've got a fixed IP address from your ISP, in which case your router isn't routing netween networks.

If I remember correctly, the subnet mask between the WAN and the LAN can be different as they are two seperate networks.

Try making the subnet masks the same.

most subnet masks are 255.255.255.0 your wireless router should not be different try changing it and see if you can connect.remember the old mask in case you need to change back.