GAN asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 1 decade ago

Metal Testing Services in Shanghai, China.?

I am looking for lab. or company who can perform metal testing services in Shanghai, China.

The metal to be tested is Stainless Steel 316L. And, the testing is only on 3 elements, to find out its content - Chromium, Nickel and Molybdenum.

Though the place is full of establishments offering testing services,however the following are highly recommended.

Intertek Caleb Brett China Laboratories:

Shanghai Head Office

9th Floor(west side), Building No.2, Shanghai Comalong Industrial Park, No.889, Yi Shan Road Shanghai, 200233 China

Shanghai Laboratory

No.19, Lianhe Road, Shanghai Chemical Industry Park, Jinshan District, Shanghai

201507 China

Yisheng Laboratory

No.28, Suitang Road, Pudong New District , Shanghai 200137 China

http://www.intertek-cb.com/newsitetest/services/ap...

Shanghai would be a good starter city for someone moving to China. It's a HUGE city so there's a lot of foreign influence. Plus if you got what you consider a really good job offer then you'll be able to live like kings in China. I don't make that much money relative to the us and I live like a queen. It's fantastic. don't worry about the bird flu. As for the language barrier, it's there and there's no avoiding it. For the most part if you wanted to you could move to China and never learn chinese. I know a guy who's lived here for 7 years in the back waters of the country were no one speaks english and he barely knows any chinese, seriously. And in Shanghai you could get away with. As for the crime rate I feel a million times safer here than I ever did in the US. You have a lot more pickpockets and small crimes to worry about but people aren't allowed to have guns, you get in SERIOUS trouble if you have one and drugs are punishable by death in some cases. If you want to go to a new country to start over China is a great one to pick, the people are super friendly if you bust out chinese they get excited and they *want* to help you for the most part. There are exceptions but there always are anywhere. Shanghai is a huge modern city with lots of foreign food and a great metro system in place. And like I said your husband can work and you can get massages and shop all day, becaue nothing beats shopping in shanghai.