If a under aged boy or girl had sex with an adult lying about there age and using a fake ID who's the victim

By law its statuatary rape.I took criminal juristiction as part of the criminal justice course and the profeser siad in class the circumstances does not matter what matters is the victim's age and suspects age.His example was a 40 year old man had sex with a 16 year old girl that lyed or used a fake ID... show more By law its statuatary rape.I took criminal juristiction as part of the criminal justice course and the profeser siad in class the circumstances does not matter what matters is the victim's age and suspects age.His example was a 40 year old man had sex with a 16 year old girl that lyed or used a fake ID pretinding to be 19 and she looks 19[Its true some girls who are 15 or 16 could look like 19]the prosecutar could press charges or decide to ignore it and drop it he can do that its his choice,but the hart part for him is a jury unles the trial was done by a judge the judge goes by the law but the jury are normal people like us and look at thinfs like we do and the defense layer takes advantage of that.That is exactly what he siad.I told him that is injustice.?Would that be a defense in a trial or not?I feel its gross any way for a 40 year old man to have a relation with a 19 year old even if its legal its inmoral and unethical coz she could.For that he is a sick punk and she is a *****.
Update: The reason why i siad hes a punk coz this 19 year old could be the age of his dauhter,but i dont think he shold go to jail when he didnt knowingly and willingily do it,but my profeser siad statutory rape does not require some one to know or have intent like other crimes need such as theft.Isnt the law unfair... show more The reason why i siad hes a punk coz this 19 year old could be the age of his dauhter,but i dont think he shold go to jail when he didnt knowingly and willingily do it,but my profeser siad statutory rape does not require some one to know or have intent like other crimes need such as theft.Isnt the law unfair people.I feel if he knew she was under aged than he deserves to be punished but if he did not than he shold go free.DOES ANY ONE AGREE WITH ME AND IF YOU DISAGREE TELL ME WHY?
Update 2: People dont think of things legally think about it moraly,ethicily,and culturally.Dont be like a reverent who goes to the bible as opinion or a judge and layer who goes to a law book as his opinion,Please.