Friend's children causing damage.?

l have a friend with three young (uncontrolled) kids. They regularly visit me, and their mom does nothing to stop them breaking things in my house, ruining furniture, spilling stuff on rugs, etc. l do have a childproof house (for my own kids), but these children are something else. l've tried talking to her, ... show more l have a friend with three young (uncontrolled) kids. They regularly visit me, and their mom does nothing to stop them breaking things in my house, ruining furniture, spilling stuff on rugs, etc. l do have a childproof house (for my own kids), but these children are something else. l've tried talking to her, but she laughs it off saying that's just kids, l've also tried stepping in to tell them off, but she just undermines me, and tells the kids not to worry. l'm at my wits end, we can't get together without the kids, neither of us can afford a sitter. Do you think it's innappropriate to start asking her to pay for the damage caused. Just the major stuff, which is costing into the hundreds now. What else could l do?
Update: I should just add that l have suggested getting together at her place, but she calls in unannounced.