I am an artist. How can I find an agent or someone who can help me expose my art?

You don't really need an agent. Just self promote. Rent out a space or gallery (garage, house, etc.), get a keg (art and alcohol go hand in hand), make flyers and just hand them out to all the galleries, friends, family, co-workers, ANYONE! Then just spend a weekend or something displaying your work. After a few times people will start to remember and will gain interest.

To get an agent you have to get into a gallery first. Most agents will be conected with galleries and they sell most of their work in galleries.

The sad truth is until you are not good enough and your paintings are not aoustanding you will not have any luck. Most of the time an agent will find you, because they go after art that is sellable. If your art will achive that status you will get messages from agents.

You are your own best promoter. Get online and find galleries looking for artists to sumit entries. Find online galleries where you can post images of your work, and chat to network with other artists and people involved with art. Get involved with your local arts groups, and meet people. Those contacts are your best way to expose your work and find opportunities. Like it or not, you are a salesperson as well as an artist, and you need to get out there are sell yourself and the work you believe in.

Source(s): Self-employed artist for 20 years.

My cousin is an artist... I think his art sucks... what he did was find and marry a woman who's older sister owns an art gallery and it worked! I wouldn't buy any of his crap but some people will buy anything they see selling in a store or Gallery!

get in touch with your local college and check with the art teacher. or, go to the library and ask them about galleries in your area. talk to the manager and they can help

It's not a good idea to expose yourself.

get lucky