Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Question about marriageable age?

Question about marriageable age

I am 22, my future wife-to-be is 14 years old, but we can’t marry yet because she haven’t reach marriagable age of 18(Malaysian marriageable age for male and female).

Both me and my wife to be are Malaysian.

We don’t want to wait for 4 years until she are 18. Can me and my wife-to-be legally married in foreign country?

For example:

Yemen: 9 ("In 1999, the minimum marriage age of fifteen for women, rarely enforced, was abolished; the onset of puberty, interpreted by conservatives to be at the age of nine, was set as a requirement for consummation of marriage."[

Iran: 15 for males, 13 for females.

Madagascar: 17 for males, 14 for females

Texas: 18, 14 with parental consent. Possibly younger with judicial consent or if person under 18 had previously married and divorced.

Philippines: 20 for males, 18 for females, 16 for males and 14 for females with parental consent.

Venezuela: 18 generally, 14 for females and 16 for males with parental consent.

New Hampshire: 18 generally; 14 for males and 13 for females, in cases of "special cause" with parental consent and court permission.

Mexico: 18 for males, 16 for females. 16 for males or 14 for females only with parental or legal consent.

Ethiopia: Legally 18 for both males and females. In practice, however, children in rural areas are married young. It is not uncommon to see girls as young as 6 years of age being married. It is also unusual for a girl to be 16 and yet unmarried.

Well I know that if you have the permission of her parents you can probably do it right here in the U.S. I'm not so sure so you're going to have to look that one up but that's what I have heard. If you get married in a foreign country, finding somewhere where her age is "marriageable" than its not going to be noticed here, just to let you know if you didn't already. You wont have the same benefits or be recognized. Your marriage will only be recognized in that country and not here in the U.S.

• FarOut

Therapist: Frank, this is a safe place. A place where we can feel free sharing our feelings. Think of my office as a nest in a tree of trust and understanding. We can say anything here.

Frank: Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

Source(s): Old School

Marriage shouldn't be allowed in any country unless there are two mature young adults doing it. Kids are not mature, and with the way things are now, kids should not be allowed to have kids from getting married too young in life. There are too many responsibilities and obligations involved if they are NOT mature consenting adults which may also keep age from being the deciding factor.

14 is way to young to be married honey give her a chance to have a taste of life she should be going to the mall and having sleep overs not picking out wedding colors.

u have answers, but u cant move any one of the country and get married imme... u need to get PR or gerrn card.. thi swill take u more than 4 to 5years... u can better stay in malay and marry her... one thing u can have sex till ur marriage... no harm.. but safe is good one.. enjoy..

you are 22 she is only...14 she can not do anything that adult do find some one over18 she is a child

gosh!

you have done your research well...

are you both really sure you want this marriage even after 20years?

you both are still very young to make such big decision...

If you have done all this research then you have answered your own questions.

you are a creep for preying on an innocent little girl.....perv