Why people like money? Is money that important in life?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Because you can buy *almost* anything with money in this world, so of course money symbolizes anything that you want or desire that can be bought. Of course, happiness cannot be bought, but most people think (even if they won't admit it) that they can achieve happiness if only they can have whatever it is that they want (that can be bought with money). Unfortunately, if you don't have money, you are likely to be unhappy. Living on the street without any food, clothing, or health care is likely to cause some stress and even some unhappiness. Sad as it is, I think it is safe to say that money = security = happiness for most people. It's just human nature.

Asker's Rating & Comment

3 out of 5
Good
  • 4
  • Comment

Other Answers (21)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • solisrangelz1 answered 7 years ago
    when I see money, I don't see bills and coins, I see the stuff I can buy or pay whit it. I need money to pay for my rent and buy food, I also need money to pay for my car and the gas so that I can go to work to earn the money I need.So, my answer to you is. Yes!, Money is important to my life. In reality, if you don't have money you can't pay for the basic needs in life, but the tricky part is telling what is basic in life and what is not.In this now and days, is hard to live whit out been persuaded in to buying things we don't really need.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Nora answered 7 years ago
    i think it is the most important thing there is ; if no money, homeless and no food and no medical care. the poor really suffer and their children have a bad start in life.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • hysteria75 answered 7 years ago
    As a famous man once said, "Money is not the root of all evil, the lack of it is".
    Gene Simmons of KISS
    • 1
    • Comment
  • noonehomebutlightsareon answered 7 years ago
    Money is overrated. I've been well off, and I've been homeless. Happiness is the most important goal to chase after.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • Aadel answered 7 years ago
    In order to answer this question, we have to know what money is, and then we will know why some people like it and hold it so important.

MONEY can be defined as any good or token that functions as a medium of exchange. It is socially and legally accepted in payment of goods and services and in settlement of debts. Money also serves as a STANDARD OF VALUE FOR MEASURING THE RELATIVE WORTH OF DIFFERENT GOODS AND SERVICES.

In English dictionary, MONEY defined, amongst other definitions, is wealth reckoned in terms of money. In my mother tongue MONEY is “MAA-LEE”, meaning which is mine, what I own, be it coins, a piece of land, a house, etc.

MONEY as a medium of exchange is intermediately used in trade to avoid BARTER SYSTEM.

We, the human beings tend to like to HAVE, not to HAVE-NOT; a feature that was taken, in a way or another, against COMMUNISM. Naturally, the more items you have represent by the medium of exchange; MONEY, the more you will be able to get what you want; easiness, comfort and convenience of living. Therefore, money is very important; it is, in a way, the blood running in the veins of life.

In my mind, MONEY is very important in general, but in particular; on a personal level, it is relative.

Money can not buy real happiness, real love, but may help in attaining to both. Money is transitional, we are born without it. We visit our grave naked and empty-handed. We hoard MONEY in between birth and death. We should not concentrate on hoarding it as if it is our only duty in life. Some people are rich, but are also fools and unhappy. Others are poor, but are Happy and content.

Money is the purest form of representation of materialism. Therefore, the issue depend on what and who you are.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Shobha answered 7 years ago
    Money is obvious essencial :) It may be able to give u temporary joy. You'd be able to buy that dream house, that car you always wanted, branded stuff & etc. As humans, we're never satisfied. We keep wanting more & more.

But there'll come a time where no amount of money can keep you happy. For instance, money cant buy you love. Thats what every heart longs for - Love.

I dont understand how people could do a job that they dont love; Yet they do it, for the sake of money. As for me, I'd never be able to do something I dont love, It wouldnt give me that satisfaction I want, I wouldnt be dedicated. It seems so pointless to do something, just for the sake of it & not cause you willingly want to. Its a big difference :)

I hope people understand that there's more to life than an aim to get wealthy. Money cant buy happiness :) There's this saying ''money is the root to all evil'' lol. Its so true. For money; many of us would do anything! even if it means resorting to criminal behaviour.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • lee c answered 7 years ago
    God says to work! He will feed you! He will also clothe you! He will indeed put a roof over your head! Help others! Then you will never go without! Yah! It's important!

Source(s):

God Loves me !
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • topi5389 answered 7 years ago
    unfortunately money is everything and we cant get away from it and it ruins our lives whether we have a lot of it or none at all
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • lily R answered 7 years ago
    do you not think money is important? if so, it should'nt matter what other people think.
    But if you're asking because you have no clue than I would say that yes money is important in life. why?
    because money gives you freedom. If gives you the freedom to quit your job tomorrow if you hate it. It also gives you the freedom to spend time doing what you love.
    Go to a poor neighborhood see the way people live and their mindset. volunteer for some homeless shelters and you will see why money matters. Money is not the most important thing in life but it protects the people you love and allows you to live life according to your own desires and not in order to work doing what you hate just to afford your primary needs in life.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• k.nicole211 answered 7 years ago
    Money kind of makes "you" up. When people take a first look at you, they dont see a personality, they dont see how you act, they dont know what you do for a living. They just see your clothes, your hair, your make-up, and the occasional plastic surgery. Thats what they see. So, basically, you are reflecting who you are by your clothes and what you look like, at a glance. If you are goth, chances are you wear black. SO, sometimes, you are expressing who you are "at a glance". And money buys your "at a glance" self. It buys your clothes, your hair appointment, your shows, your Botox. But, money doesnt buy your personality, your job, your friends. It just buys the stuff that expresses you.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • star2662 answered 7 years ago
    Yes, it is what makes people survive in life.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • christina p answered 7 years ago
    they see it as sucess,respect,greed for things,ways endless to do things. it's important to buy necessaties, go on a vacation to relax ,buy a little something and build memories on experiences instead what you're buying next. those are self-centered bores that do.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ok buddy answered 7 years ago
    It buys the things you need. Try living without it.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • kenny answered 7 years ago
    Money often seems not important if you have some. One has to have enough to manage the necessities in life, Many from the west think it not important. However ask someone who has none and they will tell you differently. I guess it is a matter of degrees and where you live and what support if you have none. Better to be poor in a country with good social security than so Africa!! On the other hand it is a little obscene to see the amounts of money some people make while others have none.

One thing though the degree of money has little to do with happiness and this is more of a spiritual aspect and way one approaches life in general
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • REALLY answered 7 years ago
    to pay their light bill.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 7 years ago
    cuz unfortunately you must have money to have stability( place to live, car,food) in life! so it may not be a like situation but rather a need situation
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kasi answered 7 years ago
    Money is important for survival
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • LD answered 7 years ago
    No it's NOT important, I have more money now that I ever did. I'm happy, but I happened to be even happier when I had very little.

The more you see and are surrounded by, the more people tend to want and you need money for that material junk. It's all just junk, you don't NEED any of it. Where I live now, there are people who own Ferrari, Maybach, etc. It's just a car. The guy that owns a Ferrari doesn't ALSO have a Rolls-Royce... you can't ever "win". It's not rewarding, it's just junk you don't need.

Learn to play a musical instrument, THAT'S rewarding.

Of course, you need SOME money or you starve.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • crengle60 answered 7 years ago
    it makes life easier the more bread you have the less **** you have on the sandwich
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Andrew answered 7 years ago
    Money may not buy everything in life...but it can buy everything on Ebay!!!!!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • lovemytc answered 7 years ago
    Crengle, I like that one!

Money is very important, especially these days. Just getting by isn't realistic. Money is the product of success and hardwork. The more you have the easier life will be, as long as you spend it wisely.

But to answer the question I think you really mean:

Having more money than you need is not important.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock