is this dumb?

i posted an answer and all it said was thats stupid. do you think that is really that offensive? let me know what you think. i think people report the stupidest things on here.

Update:

it was a joke and they were asking if it was funny or not.

Update 2:

they were asking for my opinion and that was my opinion.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

With your additional details added in, no it wasn't rude of you! It was rude of them to ask for peoples' opinions & then complain when you gave it to them. If you really want to be polite you could next time try "Sorry, but I think it's stupid", but I guess some people would still be ticked off at that...

• 1 decade ago

You are entitled to air your view and if you think something is stupid then fine.

I've seen a whole load of total bollox on this site plus a huge amount of sensible thoughtful answers and good information.

But then you've a cross section of society on here so I suppose you're bound to get a pro rata response ranging from the intelligent down to the moronic.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the question. If I asked a question and wanted a real answer to and I had enough time I would report you for not giving an answer. People want answers not what people think.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, telling somebody they are being "stupid" is rude, whether it's true or not. However, there are also polite ways of telling people they're being stupid. Such as: "You obviously haven't thought this through". Or: "I could not possibly disagree more". Or: "That doesn't make sense."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kat k
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

One of my responses for hair help got kicked off for being racist!!! All I said was that xyz product does wonders on getting rid of that dull white winter hair.ignore it sweety, some people just have way too much time on their hands!

• ann t
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Probably not if in fact you thought the question was stupid. You gave your opinion.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it's dumb. Yahoo is suppose to be a fun place, we don't need to get all serious.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.