is this dumb?

i posted an answer and all it said was thats stupid. do you think that is really that offensive? let me know what you think. i think people report the stupidest things on here.

it was a joke and they were asking if it was funny or not.

they were asking for my opinion and that was my opinion.

With your additional details added in, no it wasn't rude of you! It was rude of them to ask for peoples' opinions & then complain when you gave it to them. If you really want to be polite you could next time try "Sorry, but I think it's stupid", but I guess some people would still be ticked off at that...

You are entitled to air your view and if you think something is stupid then fine.

I've seen a whole load of total bollox on this site plus a huge amount of sensible thoughtful answers and good information.

But then you've a cross section of society on here so I suppose you're bound to get a pro rata response ranging from the intelligent down to the moronic.

Depends on the question. If I asked a question and wanted a real answer to and I had enough time I would report you for not giving an answer. People want answers not what people think.

Yes, telling somebody they are being "stupid" is rude, whether it's true or not. However, there are also polite ways of telling people they're being stupid. Such as: "You obviously haven't thought this through". Or: "I could not possibly disagree more". Or: "That doesn't make sense."

• kat k

One of my responses for hair help got kicked off for being racist!!! All I said was that xyz product does wonders on getting rid of that dull white winter hair.ignore it sweety, some people just have way too much time on their hands!

• ann t

Probably not if in fact you thought the question was stupid. You gave your opinion.

Yes, it's dumb. Yahoo is suppose to be a fun place, we don't need to get all serious.