Racism alive and well in Plano Texas, is this news to you?

I worked for a Chevron-Phillips Chemical plant which was all white and racist. But they needed a spanish speaking person for their Mexico export. I was there only weeks when I was looked down on and disrespected....they also were all Republicans...mmmm any connection??????????by the way lawyers turn their heads here.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Make CLEAR boundaries for the morons to follow. I feel sorry for your situation really - but I believe that you can control a significant portion of their behaviour by being extremely professional, keeping a big distance between them and yourself. No joking, laughing, easy familiarity. Don't forget that racist people are feeble minded!

• 1 decade ago

Its all over Texas yeah. There's not much one can do to stop it.Find another job.I dont think there's any connection to them being republicans. Then you might as well say all white people in Plano Texas are racist.By asking if there was any connection between being racist and republican you basically just did exactly what you were complaining about.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No

I live in Texas and I know racism still exist

• 1 decade ago

OH, you mean that the whole company is racist?...I cant quite belive that one, so there were no blacks working there? If a lawyer didnt want to take your case, then maybe they felt it was bogus.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • slinda
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

meaning before this experience you thought racism was dead? If so perhaps it's not as prevalent in your area as you think.

• diva
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I'm sure this happens a lot of places

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Racism is alive and well everywhere. That's life. Deal with it, don't have it deal with you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, I too look down on Mexicans.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.