Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Here is my definition of the meaning of life. What is yours???

When you go to bed at night, make sure that the world is a better place than it was when you woke up..

Favorite Answer

use what talent's you possess

to accomplish great things, we not only act but also dream,not only to plan but also to believe

as soon as you start to purse a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning

there are only two ways to live life. one as though nothing is a micracle and one as though everything is a miracle

in your heart keep one secret spot, where your dreams may go so they thrive and go

go confidently in the direction of your dreams. live the life that you have imagined

dreams can be challeging, but challegens are what we live for

keep your dreams alive understand to achieve anything requires faith and believe of yourself, vision, hardwork, determination, and detecation.remeber all things are possible for those who belive

if you can imagine it you can create it

if you can dream it you can become it

dreams come true without possiblility, nature would not incite us to have them

it's not the length of life but the depth of life

help other achieve your dreams and you will achieve yours

life is a promise fufill it

you only live once but if you work it right once it enough

never never never give up!

THE MEANING OF LIFE TO ME

WHAT IS MY DREAM?

Believe in myself

Be brave...but it's ok to be afraid sometimes

Study hard

Give lots of kisses

Laugh often

Don't be overly concerned with your weight, it's just a number

Always try to see the glass half full

Meet new people, even if they look different to you

Remain calm, even when it seems hopeless

Take lots of naps..

Be weird whenever you have the chance

Love your friends, no matter who they are

Don't waste food

RELAX

Take an occasional risk

Try to have a little fun each day.

...it's important

Work together as a team

Share a joke with friends

Fall in love with someone..

...and say "I love you" often

Express yourself creatively

Be conscious of your appearance

Always be up for surprises

Love someone with all of your heart

Share with friends

Watch your step

It will get better

There is always someone who loves you more than you know

Exercise to keep fit

Live up to your name

Seize the Moment

Hold on to good friends; they are few and far between

Indulge in the things you truly love

Cherish every Sunday

At the end of the day... PRAY

....... and close your eyes

And smile at least once a day

I ask this same question once in a meditation. The answer came clear as a bell.

It said I have placed you here to learn the true meaning of Love. What ever it was that was answering then told me something that really set me back. It said that I felt the way I did about certain people because I did not understand the true meaning of love. I protested and said that I did my best to love all of the people who were deserving of love.

It replied "yes that is your misunderstanding. You see love as something that you dole out in tiny little portions here and there to people who you have judged to be worthy of it. This is not love at all, it is only judgment". This stopped me dead in my tracks. I suddenly realized that what it was saying to me was true. This realization brought me to tears. It went

on and told me, "You treat love as though there is some shortage of it. It is not something that you can run out of. The more love that you give, the more love that there is in the world. Its that simple. The only way that there can be a shortage of it is if you hoard it and keep it to yourself."

It went on to explain, that "this is what Jesus was trying to tell you when he asked you to turn the other cheek, to judge not and to love your neighbor. He made no exceptions in these things that he requested of you. Why are you making exceptions, and judging some as worthy of love and others as not? Jesus fully intended for you to apply this love that you are to all, in a universal manner without any judgment of any sort". By this time the tears Were flowing freely. I was crying because for the first time in my life I Understood what the message Jesus left for us in the bible actually meant.

This has become my truth. I can't say what yours is for sure, but I have a feeling that it is probably similar.

Love and blessings

don

Mine is the same as yours, and this is a definition shared by most of the American people. We give far more to help the people of the world than any other country ever has, and have done more to protect the freedom other countries than any nation in history, so many millions of Americans must share our same goal. May God keep us free and strong so we can keep helping the enslaved and weak become freer and stronger.

• OTTO

The meaning of life...such an eternal question, wrestled with by great philosophers...some choose existentialism, in which one creates their own meaning, others seek answers from the sages..."What gives life meaning?" might make more sense. What does one look forward to, feel good about accomplishing or experiencing...Well, for myself a meaningful life would include a sense of contribution to others, some concrete accomplishments, pleasant conversations, helping the perplexed, communing with nature, and so on...

We are are part of a never ending process of refinement with the inevitable goal of peace and harmony. We have moved from hunters and gatherers,to agriculture, to the industrial era,into the current information era to the waiting era of wisdom where we will truly understand that we are part of the eternal process of life's forces.

Live everyday as if you will live forever because spiritually we do!

Use the gap between stimulus and response to carefully plan your response.

Source(s): The Prophet Aqueous

If you wake up and feel that you are in a better place than before... Then you are dead!!... Because the world we are living now is worst than the hell...

when you go to bed at night, hopefully the world is still there when you wake up. :)

the feeling of happiness is my measure of success which leads to a wonderful life

This is a good video...

http://www.perceivingreality.com/

A cool look at the nature of existence and our purpose in life.

Youtube version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drT_L4G8w8

Youtube thumbnail

Over 50 more like it...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ARIfilms

Mine is surviving from day to day.