What really worthwhile stuff did I miss not having a TV these last 20 years?

I have recently turned on to some very good stuff on DVD from The History Channel, and now I'm excited. What recommendations do you have about really quality informative stuff [National Geographic being the obvious example] I should look for on DVDs that was done for the better cable channels? What would you... show more I have recently turned on to some very good stuff on DVD from The History Channel, and now I'm excited. What recommendations do you have about really quality informative stuff [National Geographic being the obvious example] I should look for on DVDs that was done for the better cable channels? What would you say is worth the price? (They ARE pricey, being multi-disk sets.)
Update: I was kinda hoping for specific recommendations; things you have seen and thought were well done.