Is eating eggs in Islam Makrooh (not recommended)?

one of my friends tells me that it is makrooh !! he says that they does not smell good !! Is that a good reason !! may be it is but why ? thanks !! The same case with onions !!

Oh no! Eggs are totally okay, my dear Islam is simple

but onions and garlic are things you aren't supposed to eat before salat!

I assume u read arabic?

وقد نهى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم من أكل ثوماً أو بصلاً أن يقرب المسجد ، فروى البخاري ومسلم عن جابر بن عبد الله أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : من أكل ثوماً أو بصلاً فليعزلنا أو قال : فليعتزل مسجدنا وليقعد في بيته .

وروى مسلم ( 564 ) أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : ( من أكل البصل والثوم والكراث فلا يقربن مسجدنا فإن الملائكة تتأذى مما يتأذى منه بنو آدم )

Well I'm an iranian, so I'm supposed to know all this:

Eggs (chicken eggs) are completely OK (halaal)... and there's a saying that the prophet Mohammad actually recommended the eating of onion and garlic, something about the nomads' mouths smelling so bad (from lack of personal hygiene) that eating onion would make'em smell better

And besides, as far as I know none of the then-known foods are "not recommended" (makrooh) for smelling bad ! There are some foods that are makrooh or haraam (forbidden) for other reasons, though:

- pig meat is haraam for containing possible parasites

- crow meat is haraam because of religious meanings

- cheese [as breakfast] is makrooh because of it's effect on brain's reaction time ( I know it sounds crazy... they weren't supposed to know that back then ! )

- drinking water at night with your left hand and while standing is makrooh ( I swear to God I don't know why ! it might even be superstitious, not religious )

...and some others

no...but onion is not makkroh but leaving your smell onion that is makrooh you must eat something to make the smell of your mouth good bujt not the eggs or the onions makrooh

You can eat eggs! Eggs do not smell bad.

here is a website that may help you understand the egg issue

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=168...

for Onions go to this site http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=470...

I found nothing in the Qur'an with respect to either eggs or onions.

dear brother;

peace upon you

i am realy surprised to know that there are some muslims still thinking like that ,there is no something in eating eegs........

No it is not makrooh.

• spanky

maybe they should eat themselves instead

No, it's not !!!

you can hit allah with an egg