Is my engine blown?

I have white smoke coming out of the tail pipe and it rides very rough and shaky. Its not over heating and all of my fluid levels are good. The check engine light stays on. The other day so much smoke came out that i thought the car was on fire. Does this sound like my engine is blown?

My car was riding just fine and then all of a sudden the check engine light came on, the car started feeling shaky and powered out to a stop. At first it would start up then after attempting to drive home several more times the car eventually wouldnt start up again. I had some one come over and hit a reset button now the car starts but...

• CP

Head gasket as everybody said.

You need to get it to a mechanic. If you start it or drive it like that you could end up ruining the entire engine. Water is leaking into the cylinder and at any time it could fill the cylinder and cause it to break a rod (ruin the entire thing).

It's most likely a blown head gasket or a cracked head as the others have said. Check your oil. If the head gasket is blown or a head is cracked there will be water in the oil . If the oil looks tan or blond looking that's the problem. Check it when the engine is warm. The smoke you see is actually steam. It will only get worse so you need to get if fixed.

It's still usually cheaper to get if fixed than buy a new one. Overheating or freezing was probably the cause but isn't limited to those two things.

Source(s): The oil that shows on the dipstick will be milky or blond or tan looking if there is water in the oil. If there is water in the oil then the head gasket is blown or the head is cracked
  • ?

Car & Year? Engine & Mileage? "Low Oil Light" Means No Oil Getting to the Engine! how Much and what did the noise sound like? After you put in Oil, Will the Engine Turn over and Start? Desribe the Noises you hear? With a Leak of any kind check Every "Two Days" At Least! "BLOWN" We'll find out after you add oil and see if the engine will start.

Sounds like you have a cracked head. There is likely coolant leaking into the engine, which is what creates the white smoke. You should take it to a reputable shop right away.

sounds like the Head Gasket.Keep an eye on the fluid level and check the oil.If there is white gunk on the dip stick that's it.A lengthy repair generally between $4OO AND $800 depending on the model and mechanic.

Sounds like a blown head gasket.

That is Deffintley a Blown Gasket

it sounds like u have fried piston rings. it could allso be some of the main seels and barings r worn out. if they r then u will need to rebuild the engine. the whait or blue smoke is oil burning.

I see a bunch of people saying blown head gasket...if that's what it is, it should leave a milky looking substance on the inside of your oil cap...

Yes it is time to get a new

car