Attitudes toward thin women vs. thin men?

Whenever I've seen some thin woman (famous or not), I hear people put her down and call her anorexic and pick on her size, weight and eating habits. But why does it seem that when there's some guy who's all skin and bone, nobody bothers him as much?

Favorite Answer

skinny women are supposedly ideal ... which is why those who do not reach that "ideal state" talk badly abt them ... skinny men on the other hand, are not particularly "ideal", and as such, no one really cares if a guy is skinny or not ... :)

I agree, when I was a teenager I was very thin and people use always talk about me and spread rumors that I had a eating disorder. Now I'm not as skinny and people still make such comments. I have a normal diet and I eat really healthy (well must of the time lol). My bothers was also very thin but people weren't has hard on him.

• Pesto

Both skinny men and women are looked down upon. I personally think it's wrong to be judgmental about about body types for some people can't help the way they are. Some have enormous appetites but cannot gain weight. Others can easily gain weight.

Explain super models to us!

Most are size 4, many size 2 some size 0

Those who criticize thin women are very very jealous. I went with my last girl friend for 7 years, extremely thin. The only reason we don't see each other now it cause she went to be with Jesus.

I Cr 13;8a

11-19-6

• <><><>

Skinny men aren't thrown around by the media as much.

Like Marc Anthony???Any sex--scrawny =ugly!