Revised question is a verbal agreement legally binding in uk thanks to those who answered last question?

I recently sold a boat for 10,500 pounds, the advertised price was 12,000 the buyer offered 10,000 ,to which i said you will have to meet me half way at 11,000,he said he would go to 10,500 if i showed him how to lay the deck, i agreed and we shook hands on the deal , his cousin being the witness, i have a recipt... show more I recently sold a boat for 10,500 pounds, the advertised price was 12,000 the buyer offered 10,000 ,to which i said you will have to meet me half way at 11,000,he said he would go to 10,500 if i showed him how to lay the deck, i agreed and we shook hands on the deal , his cousin being the witness, i have a recipt for the 10,500, whith no provisos, whowever things soon went bad with the working relationship, i refused to have any more to do with him,he is now threatening to take me to court for 500 pounds saying that i agreedto lay the deck which i never did, i would appreciate any imput you may have thank's.