What do you think about a woman turning 46 tomorrow, having to get her own B-day cake?

Don't have family around except for my kids, but for the past 5 years i've had to get my own cake. This year my seventeen year old daughter hates me so much she probably won't even come home She never does anymore. so you can say i'm feeling a bit depressed and sad that i have lived my life thus far, so that i have basically no one. Do you think u might treat people better than i have treated people, so your not feeling lonely and sorry for yourself on your 46 birthday?.

Oh please i forgot that page in the parenting manual where we have to take our kids childish rebellion because we weren't perfect parents....Our Parents weren't perfect and neither were theirs and so on.....Why should we feel so guilty because our children are more selfish and spoiled now days...You want to feel better take out a notebook and write on the top, 101 things I did as a parent that I'm not gonna burn in hell for......

A girlfriend of mine and I did it and we laughed and, by golly, it helped......

So who cares if your kids are so wrapped up in their hate and feelings of injustice .......I say, Forget the Birthday cake Get a bottle of Champagne, some Godiva truffles, a nice hot bubble bath, and an Erma Bombeck Book!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ONE MOTHER TO ANOTHER!!!!!!!!

Are you asking if you had treated people better you would not be in this situation? I couldn't answer that, you know how you have treated people, but I would not dwell in that so much, I just be a better person from now on, if that is the case. I feel bad that you had to buy your own cake, but at least you are able to walk, talk and go to the bakery and have enough money to buy one. Do not be depressed, this could be the first day of a wonderful life. Go out, the park or a nice place where you can eat and have a drink. Don't worry about your children, I think all mothers go through the different stages where a son or daughter doesn't like us for one reason or another. Make this the day you will look out for yourself. Happy Birthday, my dear, and I wish you many more to come.

I'll come to your pity party. You deserve a little woe is me time. A birthday should be a special occasion and you will be alone. I would bake you a cake myself If I knew where you were. If your daughter hates you then you must be a good parent. I have spent many birthdays alone and it is depressing but try and treat yourself right. Go out to a movie or to dinner. do you have friends at work. Mention to them that you are going out for your birthday and want company. Skip the cake and have a special drink. God bless you!!!!!!

Why don't you do something for you , forget you kids, it's sounds like your 17 yr old is being a typical teenager. Do you have any friends from work, neighbor hood ?? Go out to dinner with one of them, dont' invite your kids. Go shopping and by yourself something nice, instead of buying a cake. If money is an issue, theres probably something you can do thats doesn't cost much. Ignore your kids this year and concentrate on YOU !! Sometimes as parents you have to be a little selfish..

If my kids were gone and i was turning 46 and i was alone honey I would drop the cake go out dance, party meet new people and enjoy your 46 b-day and if the 17 yr old hates you then thats her prob. she will be back when she needs something and you better tell her BUT YOU HATE ME :) all kids hate ya for a while then they get over it if not dont dwell on it you did your job raising the kids now let them be on there own and you have some fun you only live once so get out there and kick it up And HAPPY B-DAY TOO YOUUUUUUUUU

• Angela

Happy Birthday, kiddo...

Don't be depressed. Go to the supermarket and buy yourself a small cake and then invite a couple of your best friends over and celebrate.

Then, get dressed up and go out for a drink somewhere with your gal pals.

i haven't had a birthday since 5 years ago, i also have kids, i won't even bother to buy myself a cake, for me it's just a regular day, sounds sad, but i am really used to it....

i think the more you think of how sad it is, the more depressed you get, so be objective and be real, it's just one more day....

and when you have time or your in the mood, go shopping, pamper yourself, buy good products, you deserve it! that's what i do.

maybe not in my birthday but any weekend i like pampering me, manicure, massage, anything!

• Sugar

Sounds like you have learned a life lesson.Have a party and invite your children }. tell them and mean it} that you are sorry for the way you have been,and you want things to be different from here on out. Ask them to give you another chance. Be the bigger person this time. I would love to know how it turns out. GOOD LUCK!

i think thats messed up, your birthday is tomorrow and you have to get your birthday cake wow!!!!! i dont think its your fault because sometimes we do some mistakes but that does not mean that we will be lonely or depressed

well , you have your own life , and you are treating it with your own way , and uptill now , I don`t find it weired to have a cake , even for your 100 years old birthday !!