What to do if you parents hate your bf because he's Muslim?

I started dating my bf 4 months ago and now he lives with me. my parents met him a while ago and my dad refused to talk to him. my mom acted all nice, but then said bad things about him behind his back, like how I would end up paying for his baby son's food and clothes , how he probably has a woman in every... show more I started dating my bf 4 months ago and now he lives with me. my parents met him a while ago and my dad refused to talk to him. my mom acted all nice, but then said bad things about him behind his back, like how I would end up paying for his baby son's food and clothes , how he probably has a woman in every country he's ever been to, etc and was I with him as an assignment for the government? (as if i would whore myself out for a job (um. a job that i don't have!!! or want!). Recently we asked them for a favor that would save us $1500/year and they said no (basically because they didn't want to be associated with a Muslim) We are in love and we want to get married in a couple years, but they are pretty much refusing to accept him, like they only invite ME to visit etc. I don't want to believe that they are being racist or stereotyping him because he' s Muslim, but their actions are speaking really loudly. I don't want to choose between them or him, what to do?
9 answers 9