How many Christians,Musl... etc. just knock down evolution because it conflicts with their religious ideals?

I see a lot of posts that ask "why monkeys are still around?", "Why can't humans and apes breed?", and other just plainly ignorant questions. I just wonder if many people just don't bother to understand what they are arguing against. For example, monkeys are still around because our species separated millions of years ago. There is lots of fossil evidence that supports it. Evolution has been scrutinized and studied for almost 150 years. It has never been remotely close to disproven. Yet its evidence, and even worse, the theory itself seem to get mangled up when presented to the religious mass. I have not met very many Christians who could simply explain evolution, or the theories and proof behind it. Why is this?

I cannot quote the bible exactly, but I do spend the effort necessary to understand its stories.

We're living in strange times. We can explore the outer reaches of our solar system, create machines that will scan inside our bodies and yet there is still this strong acceptance that the world was created in 7 days - I find it a bizarre, compelling contradiction.

I think, as with many things, it's a case of dogma overshadowing reason. I think that maybe people don't want to know about evolution so they just don't bother to research it. But it fascinates me how somehting like this can prove to be such a huge threat to religious belief.

Source(s): evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

Dah! Can't you see that we were put here only about 10,000 years ago? God put us here, and it didn't take long for us to figure out complex ideas at all, I mean we just about started recording history AT the time the earth cooled.

We faught off dinosaurs with spears until the flood came and drown them all,. This is not in the bible, but this is a VERY educated guess, I don't know WHY they wouldn't meantion giant lizards hunting man in Egypt, Greece, Iraq, Rome or the bible story of Noah's ark.

You see, there isn't much fossil evidence, why would there be? there have only been like millions of different species existing including all the dinosaurs, and don't you think that if we can find human mummies thousands of years old, there would also be dinosaurs with flesh still on the bone?--Of course! that is why we see things like that all the time! all the time.

And don't you see that it only takes a few thousand years to make petrified wood? I would also estimate that it only takes about four thousand years to make diamonds from coal. I mean, God obviously wanted us to have lovely gems, why else would he make it so they were created so fast? hmm?

And I also make a psuedo-biblical estimation that it takes about four thousand years to make oil from prehistoric remains. Oh, wait a second, did I say that? NO, no. there is no such thing as PRE history, being that we created civilization just about the same time the earth formed.

Scientists are such fools, I mean, It's too hard to wrap my head around the idea that things are actually THAT old, so I will just choose to believe things that don't make sense...mmmmk?

as a person of faith and someone who accepts and believes evolution, i must warn you against saying somethig like "there is lots of fossil evidence that supports it". No there isn't.

The fossil record is very scant and the fossils we do have are not all that good for "proof" of evolution. You are much better at hinging your case for evolution on what recent scientist have done in the genetic field and the indirect applications in biology and the medical field.

Well, quite simply, poking fun and making ridiculous statements is the only way to attack or defend against people who are proponents of evolution.

Evolutionists can destroy any "logic" that a creationist throws at them in a matter of seconds, and they can back it up with proof. Creationists can do nothing but make "neener neener" arguments, because there is absolutely no logic whatsoever that will support them in any way. It has been this way since day one.

Edit: Hyzakyt - check the date on this fossil... just as a tiny example of why your entire answer is filled with unsubstantiated nonsense. What you said is simply not true, and if you actually believe that, you need to go back to school...

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/earth/fossils/a...

Firts, humans and monkeys came from one kind not that human came from monkeys. BUt you can't expect Cristian to read any information, they never even read the bible.

They never concider that we have more living things that GOD originaly create ( and poor adam had to name them all) .

THey actualy do belive in evolution more than atheist do but they don't realise it.

Even in bible we know that there were Giants. and no where it says GOD create them so it seems that they evolved from normal adam and eve.

What they misunderstand that they could use evolution is a process after GOD create a few. ANd it's all over the bible but since most Cristians never read the bible they would not know. Therefore they go to hell and GOD exists.

Because there is no really 'facts' to creationism. It is just a sad attempt by superstitious people to find 'holes' in science and they think if they can needle away at them long enough then evolution will be proved wrong.

They are just struggling to keep their silly mythology alive by making it seem like there is some sort of truth to it. They are perfectly willing to dance around facts to justify a belief in a book of fairy tales. Little things like evidence and results are beyond them.

Evolution is at work right now: making more resistant diseases, including the AIDS virus, improving our brains (hopefully before we destroy ourselves by Christian, Islamic or Hindu atomic bombs). It works so slowly that we cannot live long enough to see it working; like we cannot see the hour had of a wristwatch moving, BUT IT IS MOVING. Call that a lie!

According to Christianity God Created man in his own image...and Religious people don't ever wanna believe that we were evolved from monkey's...even if there was 100 percent indisputable proof they wouldnt accept it because they won't be able to comprehend that God created man in the image of a monkey and that would completely disprove religion...do you get what I mean? It would freak alot of people out..not to mention put alot of people out of work and cause caos....Remember...Religion is what keeps the poor from Killing the rich...

like the monkeys that we all are we bang away at our keyboards pontificating and never reading anything that the other side says

ive researched the bible and continue to, but don't believe in the judeo christian god

whats messed up is in talking to many (not all) of the religous right in im or email is they won't read any atheist or evolutionist literature

There are 2 procedures theists view evolution: a million. they do no longer comprehend its maximum uncomplicated concepts, and contact it nonsense. (those are those that say, "How come there are nonetheless monkeys around?") those persons are basically uneducated, and for the main section, haven't any desire to alter into in any different case. those varieties are fantastically confusing to reason with, as they flatly refuse to even variety an clever argument. They truly do the "l. a. l. a. l. a. i won't be able to pay attention you" manuever. So i do no longer frequently difficulty with them. 2. There are different theists that are knowledgeable, and do comprehend evolution as real. Now those people... could be reasoned with. the only subject with them, and that's what i could argue with them... is that with the aid of fact they comprehend the 'creation' tale isn't precise, because it truly is written, they attempt to "replace" it. they say truly of 7 days, perchance it replace into 70,000 years, etc. And that's what I debate with them each and all of the time. This backpedaling argument is reminiscent of them asserting "My bible has been shown fake, soooooo, i'm going to in user-friendly terms write a clean one." in this way, they are clinging to a perception, no longer based on the advantages of that perception, yet on the shown fact that it is the only one they have ever known. truly than seek for the actuality, they scramble to hold onto the subsequent maximum suitable ingredient. Why? with the aid of fact it truly is effortless. Edit - JustWondering - i think of you're between the main eloquent and well mannered Christians on YA. and that i for my section savor that. even however, i could such as you to contemplate one ingredient, in keeping with what you mentioned under... The Bible... with out question... replace into written by making use of guys. sure, i comprehend they have been supposedly stimulated by making use of god. yet who mentioned they have been stimulated by making use of God? They did! i ought to assert the comparable, and under the excellent situations, people could have faith me. basically look at how the Mormons have been given began. evaluate that, once you're saying you do not have faith in guy's observe. you're maximum easily putting your faith in guy, in case you place faith interior the bible... (i'm basically going to submit a question in this, no longer that i think of of it)