How many Christians,Musl... etc. just knock down evolution because it conflicts with their religious ideals?

How many Christians,Musl... etc. just knock down evolution because it conflicts with their religious ideals? I see a lot of posts that ask "why monkeys are still around?", "Why can't humans and apes breed?", and other just plainly ignorant questions. I just wonder if many people just... show more How many Christians,Musl... etc. just knock down evolution because it conflicts with their religious ideals?
I see a lot of posts that ask "why monkeys are still around?", "Why can't humans and apes breed?", and other just plainly ignorant questions. I just wonder if many people just don't bother to understand what they are arguing against. For example, monkeys are still around because our species separated millions of years ago. There is lots of fossil evidence that supports it. Evolution has been scrutinized and studied for almost 150 years. It has never been remotely close to disproven. Yet its evidence, and even worse, the theory itself seem to get mangled up when presented to the religious mass. I have not met very many Christians who could simply explain evolution, or the theories and proof behind it. Why is this?
I just posted this same question and was amazed how fast someone came along and asked one of the questions I wrote.
Update: If anyone really wants to know why monkeys are still around, just send me an e-mail, and I will explain it to you.
Update 2: TheChicken: C'mon man. That is exactly what I am talking about.