Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

what is a good age to tell your children there is no santa, easter bunny,tooth fairy ect?

Whenever they began to ask you consistently. If their friends know about it and tell them, then you should say the truth in order to do not let them think that you are a liar and their friends said the Truth so they will trust their friends more than you. Every child is different, you will see and notice when you should do it.

But if you want an average, about 8-9 years.

Source(s): experience

We in no way pretended any of them have been actual. we don't rejoice Christmas, as our faith has a lot sufficient holidays without incorporating those of others. So listed under are your solutions: What age did you tell your infant they werent actual? We consistently taught our infant that Santa, the Easter bunny, the the teeth fairy, and so on, have been like a number of different thought - that's as much as the guy whether or no longer they suspect, and that's irrelevant human beings to declare in any different case. Did your infant discover out on their own from somebody else? She consistently knew. o r do you shop each thing alive and proceed on telling your infant its actual? Our holidays are a lot "alive." and how a lot of you nonetheless mark 'From Santa' on your christmas presents? we don't replace Christmas presents. Now, to tutor your question around. You stated: yet than back you have that one youngster that makes them disillusioned by telling them that all and sundry of that's no longer actual. Our infant had to spend her youthful years coping with people who assumed she believed in some thing that doesn't exist, or who instructed her "Santa isn't bringing you something" by using fact we don't rejoice Christmas. She became into additionally instructed she must be a foul female, by using fact Santa visits "all" solid toddlers. harm works the two techniques. all of the final.

By 2nd or 3rd grade all the other kids in school will ruin it for them. I would keep it up until they do not believe anymore. It is good for kids to have something exciting to believe in. I used to get so excited about the tooth fairy, I would not take that away from my children. They grow up to fast as it is.

Usually around 6 or 7 they are quite suspicious and friends have already told them. If not by 8 come clean with the truth.

• .

You mean there's no Santa or Easter bunny? :(

Just joking, I don't think you need to tell them, leave it to one of their friends and then they won't see you as the bad guy.

They will figure it out. If they aren't figuring it out, leave subtle hints that bring them to the conclusion that Santa must have shopped for wrapping paper at the same place as you.

when I was about 15 0r 16 my classmate gave in away, but for about a bit longer around 17 I believed no more....because my birthday is so close to Christmas

As soon as possible, why should you spend all that time, trouble and money shopping, wrapping all those gifts only for that fat bloke at the mall getting all the credit lol

My parents never really told me. Let them find out on their own! I think I knew by Jr. High!

you can tell them at the age 8 year old