What should you do when the person you work with is a control freak? Should you go to the boss?

I am a bartender in a little town I just started working there in the last month. The employee that is the control freek was one of our friends but for the last two months he has really treated people like crap he has said some really mean things about just about everyone that comes in there. Now he is treating me very bad and I don't know if I will go back to work there again, but this is the hometown bar that everyone goes to. I just have had enough of his nastyness.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Talk to the friend. Ask him what is going on with him, and let hm know that you have observed a change. Maybe he is under some severe personal stress, or dealing with depression or some other mood altering condition. Depending on the response that you get, you may either find a way to work out the solution with the cranky friend, or go to management to seek a solution.

No matter what the friend says or does, make certain that your behavior is professional. If you do decide after trying to work out the problem with both the friend and the management, that you will no longer choose to work there, then give proper notice, do your work, get a good reference and go find another job, preferably while you are still working.

• 1 decade ago

Your boss, any boss for that matter, should know what's going on in his workplace, especially when something affects the work environment of his/her employees (which in turn affects the productivity of the employee, which in turn affects the profit). But before that, try talking to the person causing the problem. If that control freak "friend" of yours won't listen to you, that's the time you go tell your boss. Don't quit, it's a problem and you and your boss should find a solution. If you do quit, you'll still end up meeting that "friend" when you go for a drink at that bar, so that won't solve anything. He should be the one to leave; he's the problem, not you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you should go to your boss and tell him/her what is going on with this person, that way the boss can observe this person with others or go to him on your behalf and find out what is really going on.

• 1 decade ago

just be lyke "Hey, just because ur on ur man period, stop treating us like crap. now if you dont cut it out were all gonna gang up on you. pansy."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.