What should you do when the person you work with is a control freak? Should you go to the boss?

I am a bartender in a little town I just started working there in the last month. The employee that is the control freek was one of our friends but for the last two months he has really treated people like crap he has said some really mean things about just about everyone that comes in there. Now he is treating me... show more I am a bartender in a little town I just started working there in the last month. The employee that is the control freek was one of our friends but for the last two months he has really treated people like crap he has said some really mean things about just about everyone that comes in there. Now he is treating me very bad and I don't know if I will go back to work there again, but this is the hometown bar that everyone goes to. I just have had enough of his nastyness.