why are donut boxes pink?

Update:

i dont mean krispykreme, or dunkin donuts, but regular mom and pop kind of donut stores where you get the classic square pink box.

Update 2:

in the United States.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

ours are white here in Oz

• 4 years ago

Pink Donut

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Donut Boxes

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why are donut boxes pink?

Source(s): donut boxes pink: https://biturl.im/2Gybc
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did you ever think that back in the 50's the color Pink was very popular and mainly on jewelry such as rings and watches especially the Rolex watch. They call it Pink Ice.

Anyhow, this color was so popular that even business started to use Pink as a consumer gain for profits to lure them into buying their product simply because the color was the sales pitch and not the Donut.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because pink is actually the only color that brightens your mood when you look at it. When you see a pink box of donuts you think it's all right to eat them all. All right that was just a whole load of crap, i'm sorry.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The color pink was found to have a calming effect on people and it represents something joyous and happy. The color is used in marekting donuts becuase donuts have always been something happy and joyous. They are trying to say that the purchase of donuts is not a serious investment, and that you can enjoy it without regret.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For the same reason that liquor stores use brown bags....its a product association thing...if you don't have a big name retail chain then go with what people associate with your product your selling...in the case of donuts...pink boxes.

• 1 decade ago

I haven't ever seen a pink box. Hmm.

• 1 decade ago

Not all of them are, but there are many wholesalers that sell this color. It started out as a cheap way to decorate a box,,,simply make it a soft color...from there it has just been adopted by other stores.

• 1 decade ago

They are not always pink. In fact down here i have never seen a pink one they are red in colour

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.