Should we teach kids about gun safety?

It seems pros teaching kids about guns can be more dangerous than amateurs: View the video.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/failblog/videos/318...

Favorite Answer

Absolutely teach them about gun safety. How can it possibly be bad for a child to be comfortable with and know how to safely handle a firearm?

In the United States, law abiding citizens have A RIGHT to own firearms. The Founders of this nation put the Second Amendment there for a reason. Look at history. Governments almost always enslave their people. The natural evolution of government is to gain more and more power. The reason Americans have to right to bear arms is so we will never find ourselves unarmed and powerless in the face of a tyrannical government.

Also, look up some statistics. Law abiding citizens with firearms prevent crimes. More crimes are prevented by guns than are committed by guns.

How many times have you heard of someone going into an NRA rally and trying to shoot it up? Never. Murderers go to "gun-free zones" to kill people.

I know that everyone is going to jump on me for this but anyway..... what you need to do is get the god damn guns away from your children! Watch Michael Moore's, Shooting for Columbine. It's a scary world in America where guns are ever so available to the general population and no matter that you all think that it is your right. The fact remains that your children are getting shot on a regular basis. Look at the facts and figures, in western countries, where guns are less available and harder to get, less people are getting shot. I will gladly argue this point with anyone but please don't be abusive, no reason for it.

gun safety

never touch a gun

if a friend has a gun leave the house/ call me

guns can go off on accident

guns have exploded out the back and killed people behind the shooter

you cant sleep over or play at anyones house that has unlocked guns

• Smart

Yes, teaching children about gun safety is very important and could even save a their life.

• .

I don't have any need to teach my child about gun safety. We have sensible gun laws in place here, so it's very unlikely that he would ever come across one unless he obtained a firearm certificate.