When Republicans start an investigation into why their investigation into the Trump investigation fails?
-- are they going to find someone with a bigger mustache?6 AnswersPolitics7 months ago
Someone asked what kind of vehicle could fit 6 pallets of goods.
My answer was "LMTV probably."
The thing is an LMTV is designed to hold exactly 3 x 2 pallets of extremely heavy items and you can sometimes get them on Ebay for around $6k.
It was months ago and was only reported today by "one or more trusted members of the Answers community."
Which "trusted member" can't bother to use Google before deciding that I was on some political soapbox or something?6 AnswersYahoo Answers2 years ago
-- did you notice that nobody talks about it anymore?
Since that was Trump's goal, to get his name on another thing and Obama called him out on it, did that take all of the fun out of repeal/replace for Trump?3 AnswersPolitics2 years ago
-- are they going to try to lobby Webster to make the definition of "traitor" sound more positive?5 AnswersOther - Politics & Government2 years ago
Does anybody else think it would be amazing if cable/satellite companies all went bankrupt and disappeared?
1) They have non-competition agreements that allow them to charge whatever they want.
2) They only bundle decently-priced Internet with their TV packages.
3) It's designed to be all garbage, except for like 2 channels.
4) They have notoriously bad customer service.
5) You could improve your life by doing literally anything else.
6) From $20/mo in the 1990s to over $100/mo for basic cable today has outpaced inflation significantly.
7) Antenna is free.
8) The respective channels charge tons of money for commercials and then charge the TV companies for the channels.
9) The saying isn't "cable/satellite and chill."
10) SERIOUSLY THOSE COMMERCIALS!!! You're paying absurd rates to watch loads of advertisements and even the DVRs don't escape them! I can't even watch an entire show because it just doesn't let me focus on a story.
11) No TV means less money going to Hollywood, which means less emphasis on celebrities and what they think about a world that no longer applies to them. I can't be the only person who is befuddled as to why the Kardashians are a thing.
Anybody else have thoughts?5 AnswersOther - Society & Culture3 years ago
What if I support protecting and expanding gun rights, but also a legal path to citizenship for all illegal aliens?
I also think that we should drastically cut government expenses to most programs, but I also support major cuts to the military.
I support decreasing taxes, but only if we have enough money to pay for what we need. Good things are good, but if we can't pay for them, they become bad!
I believe in decreasing federal power and increasing the responsibility of state governments.
I support women's rights and racial equality/diversity, but I also find affirmative action and gender-based scholarships/insurance prices offensive, as they're designed to create fairness by being unfair!
Am I just screwed? When will a politician ever represent me? Why must there be either left, or right? Why can't there be up?4 AnswersOther - Politics & Government3 years ago
Will we have a north/south United States, or east-half/west-half split?
It's going to happen. It's only a matter of time. There is a massive divide between two groups' understandings of the world and we'll probably all end up either killing each other, or splitting apart. Neither side will accept any viewpoint of the other.
Also, who is going to be on those two pieces and will it be an even split?
Also, will we still call ourselves "Americans," even though South Americans are technically still Americans, because they're on an American continent?
Thank you for your responses!6 AnswersGovernment4 years ago
Admit it, even if you hate him, you would love to have a landmark of a man that, like the statue, is all glitz and glamour on the outside, but air and cheap building materials on the inside.
It could be a continuous reminder of who actually owns Washington.7 AnswersPolitics4 years ago
In Colorado, has there ever been a law that prevented me, a natural male, from entering the women-only restroom for the purpose of using it?
I'm just curious whether or not the 2008 gender identity law has changed anything at all besides the fact that people are no longer required to leave a restroom upon request.2 AnswersLaw & Ethics5 years ago